What is a Clinical Nutritionist?
The discipline of Human Clinical Nutrition applies principals from current biochemical and physiological scientific knowledge for the purpose of promoting optimal health which recognizes biochemical individuality.
The Certified Clinical Nutritionist assesses a person’s nutritional needs to achieve normal physiological function. Assessment includes the use of appropriate tests and observations such as a case history, anthropomorphic measurements, physical signs, laboratory tests, and nutrition/lifestyle analysis to determine an educational nutrition program. Assessment also provides the basis for referral to a licensed physician or other health care professional.
Basic Nutrition/Lifestyle Consultation – $150.00. Individual is required to fill out Individual Health Profile Questionnaire prior to meeting with certified clinical nutritionist. Recent blood work or laboratory tests taken within 120 days of consultation is highly recommended and very helpful. Person receives:
- Full analysis of Blood Chemistry. There are six Subclinical Defects that tend to appear BEFORE the traditional disease “labels” surface. These markers represent the “balance markers” that the body uses to maintain its own health. Your chemistry profile gives a snapshot in time of what is going on in your body at the precise time of the draw. It “talks” to us and tells us how the body is responding to stressors, toxins, how it is utilizing supplements & nutrients, if it has stored toxins, if there is inflammation present, if your immune system is compromised and if you are getting/absorbing the nutrients you need. It reads like a road map of what’s going on inside your body and it is amazingly accurate.
- Personalized & individualized recommendations regarding how to eat to achieve and maintain optimal health & chemical balance;
- Recommendations regarding what supplements may be beneficial to offset nutritional deficiencies as well as medicine induced insufficiencies and side effects;
- Recommendations for natural and alternative means of managing current symptoms that boost and support the body’s immune function and don’t have negative side effects;
- Cleansing & detoxification recommendations as needed.
*Follow Up Nutrition Sessions – $65.00. Following the initial nutrition session, many individuals benefit from ongoing assistance or “touching base” regarding different phases of their program. These sessions typically last 45 minutes to 1 hour and can be conducted in person or over the telephone at a pre-arranged time.
*Menu Planning – $35/hour. Nutritionist will put together a one or two week menu plan based on your blood type, metabolic profile and any health issues that need to be taken into consideration as well as your lifestyle (ie: eats out a lot/travels/special dietary needs.)
*REFRESHER Session – $100.00 This is for the inactive client who at one point went through the Basic Nutrition/Lifestyle Consultation and is now returning with a new or unresolved health issue.
*Grocery Store Tour – $85.00 Do you have the best of intentions of making changes to your diet and then go to the grocery store and bring home the same foods you’ve always do? During this sesson, a certified clinical nutritionist will meet with you at the grocery store of your choice and walk through each section, pointing out the healthiest choices, making menu suggestions, & answering questions. Tours take about 2 hours & client is encouraged to shop while taking the tour. *$110.00 fee does not include cost of clients groceries!